The Club Rotary Foundation committee develops and implements a plan to support the Foundation through program participation and financial contributions. Many excellent resources are available to assist the club foundation committee achieve success. The Club Rotary Foundation committee should begin their work with reviewing the following informational resource materials as reference:
- Club Rotary Foundation Committee Manual (226-EN): A resource manual designed to help the club Rotary Foundation Committee establish goals and understand committee responsibilities related to increasing club effectiveness.
- Quick Reference Guide (219-EN). Compilation of the programs and services of The Rotary Foundation in a quick reference format.
- Rotary Foundation Facts (159-EN): A brief statistical overview of the organization, scope and programs of the Foundation.
Order publications through the RI Catalog (019-EN) or download at www.rotary.org
Educating the Club Rotarian
Four ways to educate club Rotarians are:
- Good, interesting club programs on the Foundation
- Member participation in Foundation Programs
- Weekly Rotary Foundation Thought
- Attendance at Foundation seminars and other events
Resources Available to the Club Foundation Chair
- The District Rotary Foundation Committee
- The Rotary Foundation’s pages on the RI Web site, www.rotary.org, for up-to-date information on all Foundation activities
- The Foundation’s section of the Download Center on www.rotary.org for program applications, program terms and conditions, and manuals
- The District Foundation chair and subcommittee chairs
- District Rotary Foundation Committee Manual (300-EN) at the Download Center on www.rotary.org
- Club President’s Manual (222-EN) at the Download Center on www.rotary.org
- Publications, videos, DVDs, and public service announcements which can be found in the print version of the RI Catalog or the online version on www.rotary.org
- Past program participants (Foundation alumni) willing to share their experience. A list can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org
- The club’s assistant governor
- The club’s district governor or a knowledgeable past district governor
- The regional Rotary Foundation coordinator
- The Rotary Foundation part of your zone Web Site
Where to Find Programs
Below are several links to The Rotary Foundation’s Programs
- www.youtube.com (search query for “Rotary International”) to view Rotary videos
Foundation Weekly Thoughts
- www.rotary.org and type “Foundation Thoughts” in the search field
How to Schedule and Use
- Encourage and organize a Foundation Thought at each club meeting.
- Help the club’s program chair to organize at least one program each quarter, during regular club meetings, about the Foundation and its activities.
- Organize the club’s celebration of Rotary Foundation Month in November, including extra programs on the Foundation
- Provide information from the Foundation/RI about the options for service through programs
- Be familiar with the RI Catalog, available at http://shop.rotary.org
- Encourage every Rotarian in the club to contribute what he or she can afford to give each year to the Foundation.
- Encourage every Rotarian to become a Rotary Foundation Sustaining Member (in supporting the Every Rotarian, Every Year effort) and ultimately a Paul Harris Fellow
- Promote the Foundation’s Permanent Fund to those club members who can afford to become Benefactors, Bequest Society Members, and/or Major Donors as appropriate.
- Maintain regular contact with the District Foundation chair and various Foundation subcommittee chairs.
The RI Web site provides online resources and up-to-date information on all aspects of Rotary. You can download free publications, shop the online catalog, and locate the meeting time and place of any Rotary club.
Click on: The Rotary Foundation for a current source of detailed information on all aspects of Rotary Foundation Programs, Every Rotarian, Every Year fundraising strategies, and recognition opportunities. Many free downloads are available. Additionally, suggested materials below can be ordered using the catalog number in parenthesis.
The Rotarian Video Magazine: a wonderful engaging way to communicate the profound and personal impact of Rotary projects around the world. Order a subscription at www.rotary.org/shopping
|Every Rotarian, Every Year Brochure||(957-EN)||TRF Fact Cards||(159-EN)|
|TRF-DIRECT Donations Brochure||(998-US)||TRF Annual Report||(187B-EN)|
|Paul Harris Society Brochure||(099-EN)||Life Income Gifts||(109-EN)|
|Every Rotarian, Every Year DVD – US$15||(978-MU)||Rotary Centers Leaflet||(084-EN)|
|Sustaining Member Badge Stickers||(956-MU)||Ambassadorial Scholarships||(132)|
|Every Rotarian, Every Year Posters||(959)||Named Funds||(110-EN)|
|Benefactor Commitment Card||(149-EN)||Bequest Society Membership||(098-EN)|
|Group Study Exchange Brochure||(160)||Donor Advised Fund Leaflet||(382-EN)|
|Two Needs, Two Ways||(173-EN)||Rotary World Peace Fellowship||(092)|
|Securing the Future||(183-EN)||Alumni Pamphlet|