Review these qualifications carefully before submitting a club or district application for a Global Grant.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CLUBS
Qualifications for club eligibility include —
- Meet district requirements
- Sign and comply with club Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Comply with Future Vision Grant Terms and Conditions
- Agree to record keeping of expenses and receipt retention requirements
- Proper grant oversight with committee of three club members
- Bank account solely for Rotary Foundation Global Grant funds
- Ensure funds used only for qualified expenses
- Attendance at Rotary Foundation Grant Management seminar
Requirements to maintain club qualification status —
- Adhere to terms of the club Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Implement stewardship and grant manage-ment practices to prevent misuse of funds
- Appoint a club member/committee to manage club qualification
- Submit reports on timely basis
Club qualification checklist —
- What MOU requirements does club already implement?
- What requirements does club need to implement?
- What members would be good choices to help implement the club MOU?
QUALIFICATIONS FOR DISTRICT
Districts must also be eligible to receive Global Grant funds.
To be qualified, districts must —
- Sign and comply with Memorandum of Understanding.
- Comply with Future Vision Grant Terms and Conditions.
- Establish District Rotary Foundation Financial Management Plan.
- Agree to record keeping and receipt retention requirements.
- Establish committee oversight structure for grant. Audit and Oversight committee comprised of at least three Rotarians and ratified annually by the current District Governor.
- Establish a bank account used only for Rotary Foundation Global Grant funds
- Ensure funds are used only for qualified expenses.
- Maintain complete accounting and financial records of all expenses and supporting documentation.
- Timely submission of grant reports at the conclusion of project completion and/or as requested.